Updated Last: January 1, 2021
The Verb Hotel’s COVID-19 Plan
- Our Website. We have added our statement on COVID-19 to our website and provide this document via a link in our statement.
- We Reach Out to You. Three days prior to your arrival, a member of our team will reach out to you, by phone or via email if we do not have your phone number, to review your upcoming stay. We will verify your reservation and review any guidelines set in place that you should be aware of prior to your arrival. During this call, we will also answer any of your questions or concerns. Please note, that this step is based on having your contact information on your reservation. Our Front Desk Producers will also kindly remind every guest that travelers from out of state and residents returning to MA are required to self-quarantine for 10 days unless exempt. For further information regarding traveling guidelines, please use the following link: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- Signage. We have added signage throughout the hotel including public areas, entrances, bathrooms, etc. to review the safety and cleanliness guidelines as directed by the World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our Local Government.
- We Have a Detailed Plan. This document is our detailed plan. A copy of it can be located on our website and at our front desk for your reference at any point in time.
To keep all our valued guests in a safe environment, our hotel associates must also be safe. To ensure our hotel associates are safe, they are required to go through trainings regarding the cleanliness and safety guidelines directed by the WHO, CDC, and Local Government. Our team strictly follows all safety and cleaning protocols that are detailed below.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings have been conducted. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 20-second handwashing guidelines.
- The Front Desk will be equipped with plexiglass sneeze guards and all staff members are required to wear a face mask.
Social Distancing & Public Gatherings
- Our associates will ensure that all guests and fellow associates follow the 6-feet apart guidelines for social distancing
- Social distancing signage will be displayed throughout the hotel (where applicable) to encourage social distancing awareness.
- All public area furniture is set up to encourage the 6-feet apart social distancing awareness.
- Physical partitions that are 6- feet tall will be used when workstations cannot be separated by 6-feet or more
- Gatherings of 10 people or more are prohibited. The lobby will be restricted to a total of 10 people to include guests and employees.
Pool Area Guidelines
Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Saturday: 8am – 10pm
- All hotel guests must reserve a spot for the pool and pool deck at the front desk
- Each spot starts at the top of the hour and lasts for 1 hour- starting at 8am
- Only one spot may be reserved at a time. Guest may request to make another reservation for the pool after first reservation has been attended
- Only registered hotel guests are permitted in the pool and pool area
- Only 8 guests will be able to be in the pool at the same time. Due to the minimal number of guests allowed in the pool, visitors of hotel guests will not be permitted in the pool area.
- Face coverings are always required except while swimming
- Guests who are experiencing a cough, fever of 100.00 degrees Fahrenheit or above, or any symptoms of illness should not enter the pool area
- All guests are required to shower before swimming
- To maintain social distancing requirements, furniture should not be moved, and all directional signage should be followed
- No outside equipment is allowed (including but not limited to pool toys, inflatables, and lounge furniture)
- Although we love our furry friends, there are no pets allowed in the pool area
- Glassware is not allowed in the pool area
- The pool will be closed for at least 24 hours if used by a guest who is sick
Cleaning Products Used at The Hotel:
- Spic and Span Disinfectant is used for all high-contact surfaces
- Comet Cleaner with Bleach is used for all bathrooms in the hotel
- Febreze professional disinfectant is used for soft surfaces such as carpet and upholstery
- Public AreasWe will utilize recommended cleaning agents throughout all public areas, including: Lobby, Front Desk, Pool Area, Restrooms, Entry Ways, Hallways
We frequently disinfect and sanitize high-contact surfaces in the public areas. The following schedule is followed to ensure these surfaces are remaining sanitized throughout the day. A log will be kept at the desk for record of cleaning and will be available to view upon request.
- Cleaning Schedule: 1 am, 6am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are in each public restroom.
- The main entrance door, leading to the lobby, will be open during times of high traffic to allow ventilation and fresh air to come into the lobby.
- Rooms are cleaned thoroughly with highly disinfected cleaning agents. High-touch surfaces are cleaned and sanitized with special attention (e.g. door handles, light switches, refrigerator, record player, etc.)
- Soft fabric items in rooms such as upholstery and carpets will be disinfected with Febreze professional disinfectant.
- After a guest checks out, all used linen are placed in plastic bags inside the guestroom before being transported out of the guest room to be laundered. Any unused linen and robes will be disinfected with Febreze disinfectant spray.
- Stay over service is by request only and associates will not enter your room during your stay without being requested.
- If a guest requests to have their room cleaned during their stay, we will politely ask the guest to open the window and vacate the room prior to the housekeeper’s arrival. Upon entering the room Housemen and/or Housekeepers will check and open the window as well as turn on the fan to circulate air.
- The Housekeeping Supervisor or Manager on Duty who is inspecting a room after being cleaned, will perform on final cleanse and sanitization of high-contact surfaces prior to making the room available for the next guest.
Parking attendants will be using the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and distancing themselves by six (6) feet for the safety precautions. Upon arrival all guests will be asked if they would like their car to be valeted, if the answer yes, then they will pull into the designated unload area, given a ticket and escorted to the front door for check in. If the answer is no, then the guest will be guided to an open spot by the parking attendant. While valeting parking attendant will put on gloves and roll windows down, once parked the windows will be rolled back up, the car will be locked, and keys brought back to podium. Parking attendant will also wash or sanitize hands after each vehicle parked.
All vehicles will be valeted unless specified not to by the guest.
- Parking attendant will offer to valet all vehicles.
- Guest can choose to park on their own.
- Parking attendant will roll windows down while inside vehicles and sanitize hands immediately after parking.
If guest chooses to self-park their own vehicle
- Parking attendant will guide the guest to designated parking spot, attendant will then take the guests keys and give them a claim ticket in return. Assistance with luggage will still be offered.
- Parking attendant will then show guest to front door for check in while maintaining 6ft social distance.
- Attendant will ask guest if they would like their vehicle brought up for them, if yes, all safety procedures will be followed, and the vehicle will be retrieved and parked in designated load/unload area.
- If guest would like to retrieve the vehicle themselves, they will be given the keys and will be shown to the vehicle while socially distancing.
- Assistance with luggage will be offered at check in and upon request. Attendants must wear gloves.
- Hand sanitizers, disinfectant, and gloves will be provided in the valet station for the guest to use if needed.
Front Desk Protocols
- All Front Desk Producers and Managers are required to wear an appropriate face covering during their shift
- There will be no more than two associates at the Front Desk stations at any time, and we will only check in 2 separate reservations at the same time.
- Only 1 guest per party will be allowed to check in while their party waits in one of our designated waiting areas (outdoor patio, Display, or Pool Area).
- The guest will be asked to confirm the credit card number on file. If there is no credit card on the file, the guest will be asked to provide a form of payment using credit card processor.
- Our Front Desk Producer will ask for the guest to confirm an email address at time of check in to be able to send you a folio at the time of your departure.
- Our Front Desk Producer will revisit the topic of self-quarantining for 10 days if a guest is coming from out of state.
Guests In- House
- No food deliveries will be allowed beyond the front desk. Guests will be asked to come down to front desk to pick up their food.
- Associates are not allowed to handle food deliveries. The jukebox will be designated as our holding area. You can direct for food to be placed on the Jukebox.
- If a guest requests extra towels and/or amenity, we will deliver them outside of their room in a laundry bag.
- Visitors are allowed only after getting approval from in house guests. Visitors will not have access to the pool area.
- Any additional amenities used by guest such as extra blankets or Verb Robes should be left out on the bed or floor so that these items can be laundered after checking out.
- Guests are encouraged to call down to the front desk to inform the associates that they are leaving the room versus stopping at the desk to check out.
- Guests are encouraged to leave their keys in the room or drop the keys in the designated key drop box so that we can properly sanitize them.
- Folios will be sent to the guest’s email on file to reduce the need to stop by the front desk. This will help with social distancing.
- Engineers are required to wear a mask during their work shift and are required to wear gloves when entering a guest room.
- Engineers will not enter a guest room without being requested by a guest or in case of an emergency.
- If a guest requests service, they will be politely asked to open the windows in the room and vacate the room before and during the engineer’s arrival.
- HVAC filters throughout the hotel are being changed bi-monthly versus every three months.
- The pool utilizes a Salt Chlorine Generator which is less harsh on hair, skin, and clothes than more chlorine systems. The pool chemicals are checked six times a day.
What do We Expect from Associates, Vendors, Guests, and Visitors?
Washing their hands
- We will provide enough soap in all restrooms for guest and associate use. Based on CDC guidelines, employees must frequently wash their hands with soap and water for a minimum of twenty seconds. The housekeeping supervisor and MOD will be responsible to ensure we have enough inventory and restock supplies as needed.
Wearing face coverings in public
- All associates, vendors, guests, and visitors are required to wear a face covering in public areas.
Practice social distancing
- Maintain 6- feet between yourself and others.
Cover your cough
- Covid-19 is spread through respiratory droplets
Avoid touching your face
- Covid-19 spreads through mucous membranes
Clean surfaces regularly
- According to CDC guidelines, Covid- 19 may be spread on surfaces
Stay at home when you are sick
- This will minimize chances of infecting others
Communication of Expectations
- We will place visible signage in all high-traffic areas including the entrance, front lobby area, pool, front hallway doors, and side door as a reminder to guests and associates as to when and where to wear a face covering.
- We will also place this signage in the back of house to remind our associates, including the breakroom, office, and other areas employee frequently enter or exit.
- Signage will remind guests and employee the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks and gloves.
- Signage will remind guests and associates to avoid touching their face.
- Guests should practice social distancing by standing at least six feet from other groups of people not traveling with their party and/or hotel associate. Social distancing is to be practiced in all areas. We will have the valet attendant direct guests to the waiting areas before calling their name to check in.
- Vendors must wear a face covering while they are on the property. (This includes during deliveries and drop-offs)
- If they are doing extended work on property, they must abide by social distancing guidelines and handwashing guidelines.
- Vendors should sign the vendor acknowledgment form.
Local Medical Facilities
Fenway Health Center (617)-267-0908
Beth Israel (617)-667-7000
Brigham and Women’s (617) 732-5636
Boston Children’s (617) 355-6611